Monday, March 28, 2011

Toys and Emotions

Recently I have been spending some time with toys!

My toys! Dolls mostly. I love dolls, all kinds of dolls, baby dolls, barbie dolls, walking dolls, talking dolls, paper dolls and have always loved them. I was a girly girly for sure.

I have been exploring emotions by photographing toy dolls in various ways. Not exactly sure why I am doing this other than emotions are very close to the surface for me andI love playing especially with a camera so here are a few examples of what I have been doing.



lost




startled





annoyed




reflecting





diminished




stuck


Not sure where I am going with this but it is fun. All the dolls are Tim Burton creations other than the very last one which is a Blythe Pet Shop Doll. My daughter and her famly gave the Blythe Doll to me for my birthday which my son in law could just not figure out but I know he will! 

They also gave me a street art stencil book, my son in law Steve picked this out and I promised him that at some place not sure when or where I will leave a little graffitti which on my to do list before I am done! Notice how I did not give a time frame here or say before I die.


2 comments:

  1. Back in Toronto for another 24 hours and I decided to stop in for a peek at what you have been up to! Love all those little faces and the descriptions were perfect.

    Tomorrow... heading back. A fun four days but cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shirley, I love playing with the little dolls. Glad you had fun in Toronto but I agree too cold!

    ReplyDelete