Sunday, March 20, 2011

Painting

For some reason I have not been painting recently at all. But...here I am back at it again! Hurray, I so need to be living simply, creating and just being right now. My tolerance level for nonsense is way down so to make myself feel better I have decided to take some me time.

The photograph below was taken in my garden late last summer. This is what I am working on in watercolour at the moment. I plan to introduce some gouache at some point, most likely on the flower. I am getting some guidance from a wonderful artist Ros Harrush, who I has had me into her studio, lucky me!

the photo



masked and first wash applied


adding some greens



a little more green



today I bravely added some blue


This is a slow process for me but that is what I love about watercolour. I spend a lot of time just gazing, thinking and planning the next step. For me very relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment