Friday, January 21, 2011

Sandwich Wars


Tonight I took the Panini Press out of storage, well it was in the back of a bottom cupboard where it has sat unused for probably a year. Panini sandwiches intimidate me. In other words I have never been able to make a really good one although I have tasted many very good ones made by others. One person in particular is my pal Lori. Hers are amazing! My mission is to make a very good one that I could serve to Lori. So Tom and I each made our own sandwich to compare. The ingredients were very similar. Sundried tomato bread from The Butcher and The Baker, sauted portobellos and yellow peppers, onion, pesto and gouda. Now for the meat mine had leftover sliced beef brisket and Tom's had Noah Martin Summer Sausage. I dipped mine in a dill mustard. We each had a side of a dill pickle and coleslaw. Topped it all with a bottle of cabernet and voila a fun war on a Friday night. Both sandwiches were quite tasty and we plan to do this once a week for the winter.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2191459865/

After dinner we watched the movie Jack Goes Boating with Phlip Seymour Hoffman directing and acting. A flim about friendship, love and betrayal which takes place in NYC. I loved the learn to swin scenes! Good movie on a snowy night.

2 comments:

  1. If they tasted even half as good as they look, I just might head out and get myself one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE either of them and would happily be on a weekly judging panel for all other panini creations!

    ReplyDelete