Sunday, February 06, 2011

What to Wear

The older I get the harder it is to pull together a look that is both stylish, comfortable and not too expensive. It seems that when I go into to the city I see lots of cool looking women and of course some not so cool. Actually I don't really notice the not so cool, I am surrounded by the not so cool here in Stratford so have no desire to take note when in the city. I have no problem with that attitude and if how you dress is of no importance to you that is ok. Good for you not to have to stress over this issue. This is not what is most important in my life but it is something I think about form time to time, especially on those days when I dislike almost everything in  my closet.


HELP!

It goes without saying that when you are young you can wear almost anything and look wonderful. So what I just cannot figure out is why so many very bad clothes fill the racks in so many shops. Have a look at the local Sears here in Stratford, horrors...not a designer dud in sight! Thankfully we do have a Winners and some very good local boutiques!

The point of all of this is the question why are there so few publications dedicated to helping the mature woman in her quest to pull a stylish, practical age appropriate look together. Think clothes, hair styles, skin care, makeup etc. Lots out there for the younger set but hey what about me!

So my quest begins. I am on the lookout and plan to post what I can find.

Now the online shopping sight Beyond the Rack is a very cool sight. Once you sign up you get emails everyday with updates on the current specials. Very tempting! The only item I have ordered so far is a watch which I am hoping will arrive some time this week.

http://www.beyondtherack.com/

For a very cool photo fashion blog check out

http://www.advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment