Wednesday, December 22, 2010


gurgle fish

 The Family Stone, I love that movie and watch it every Chrismas usually with Aaron who will not make it home this year as he is in Tofino BC, working, surfing and trying to save some money.

So after the movie  while feeling sad I headed out in the cold night to walk and perhaps take a few pics. The first of which is Gurgle Fish, taken of the window of Watsons Bazaar. These fish are jugs that gurgle as you pour. Pretty cool. Now I would love one of those but I have an aversion to bringing new things into my home unless absolutely necessary. I have 2 water jugs and do not need another. These are pretty tempting though! 




The Red Tricycle


My parents often talk of the the 6 month General Motors strike that they endured when I was a small child. With the 20.00 strike pay that they received at Christmas that year the spent the entire 20.00 on a red tricycle for me! I like to imagine that that is my red tricylcle in the window of this shop.


Sputnik



This is one of the many fine coffee place here in Stratford. I love this one because it is small and intimate, the coffee and treats are delicious.


Scout

Now for a little retro looking glamour. Lots of interesting things in this shop. I did purchase something quite lovely here for my daughter but won't reveal what it is just in case she reads my blog. I don't think that she does though, she is far too busy living in the city with a husband, 4 kids a dog and a cat.

What I like most is window shopping at night when the windows are at their best. I avoid malls like the plague at Christmas, I get overwhelmed with all excess this time of year and try my best to avoid it.

2 comments:

  1. I love those gurgle fish! But I know what you mean about not buying what you don't need. We have been very careful to keep new possessions to a minimum and only useful. Besides, I would have to buy the entire display -- it is so pretty -- and that would be excessive.

    You will miss Aaron. Send him Christmas wishes from a very wet Cape Breton.

    Susan Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan
    How are you holding you in all of that rain, sorry to hear the bridge at Ingonish was washed out. I have been thinking about you, wish I could send some nice snow your way. I will send your wishes off to Aaron.
    Thanks
    Karen

    ReplyDelete