Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Charlie Brown Tree

This year I needed a Charlie Brown tree. After having an artificial tree for about 12 years  a change was in order. Allergies resulted in the artificial tree, but maybe I have outgrown that. So far so good. When Tom and I headed out to look for a real tree we were quite shocked at the prices 40.00 and up! We also needed a stand since our original one has disappeared. I had noticed a sign on the main street of Stratford,  x-mas tree's 5.00 and up. We picked up a retro looking stand at Canadian Tire for 5.00 then set out for the house with the trees. I fell in love with the fisrt tree I saw, a black spruce all spindly and beautiful, after a nice chat with the fellow and handing over a mere 10.00 we had our tree!




just a few snippets from the tree

1 comment:

  1. My favourite kind of tree. Hip-hip-hooray for spare and lopsided trees that show the glory of a few lovely, close-to-the-heart decorations. Merry Christmas to you & yours, Karen. -- Susan

    ReplyDelete