Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Potato Salad


There are so many things I love about summer and one of those is potato salad. I love to make it and I love to eat it. The potato salad I make is pretty traditional, no fancy ingredients, no recipe, just potatoes, some fresh veggies, eggs and Miracle Whip NOT mayo it has to be Miracle Whip. The veggies I usually use are onions, celery, cucmber, peppers and tomato. I always use paprika and never dice the potatoes , I just toss the potatoes in with the chopped veggies and mix with a big spoon. You end up with some creamy potatoes and some chunks as well.

 This is the type of salad I grew up with and this is the salad my family loves. I even had a niece tell me once that that was what she wanted for her birthday gift!

Just one of life's little pleasures.

1 comment:

  1. Karen -- Have just spent a week with family and FOOD, capitals intended, featured big. The allspice in the sauce on the pork ribs my Grandma Schnarr made, the creamy salad dressing my mother makes, a shake of zesty Italian dressing in our traditional (miracle whip) potato salad (it was good)and a little less salt because we are older and should be careful. The tastes that comfort, and then the ones that come to life again with some modern ingredient. I add veggies to my potato salad, but not tomatoes. Maybe it is time I tried something new. Happy summer! -- Susan

    ReplyDelete