Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Snippets from the Weekend



We headed to the Port Hope/Peterborough area for the weekend to spend time with my parents, celebrate a 50th anniversary and visit with some good friends.




First stop the Whitby waterfront, this is where I grew up and spent so much of my childhood, the fries were delicious!



my parents home...well this is the garden shed



the herb garden




Sunday afternoon for my Aunt Rosemarie and Uncle Jerry's 50th wedding anniversary




At Rice Lake to visit our good friends Richard and Brenda, Brenda always has so many cool vignettes,  always artistic, often with a sense of humour, I loved this "fish table"



my dear friend Brenda



another garden spot



Lucy, rescued a few years ago by Brenda



our good freind Richard, in his newly acquired "living room" on wheels, he took us on a tour of the area, we were neighbours at one time, many fond memories of living there. This car is a 1995 Buick with 25,000 k on it, all you can do with this perfect older car is tour, it feels like you are floating and it is certainly a ""Richard" car



looking across at the house we built in 1984, many good memories of living there



1 comment:

  1. Perhaps the Ontario heat had made everything lush and beautiful and for sure there is more than a touch of artistic whimsy in everyone you know, Karen, because I found myself wanting to BE in every magical picture. Your good memories continue to be made, it seems. -- Susan

    ReplyDelete