Monday, April 05, 2010

The Love of Reading

I am so enjoying A Movable Feast by Ernest Hemingway! This book is very visual to me, I can see every scene clearly and I just so...get him!

I love this:

When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be the happiest, The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.

When I read this I thought  "Ernest obviously knows me"!   This is exactly how I feel in the spring, about the happiness and the joy of a wide open day ahead with absolutely no obligations!

I am savouring this book and now thinking that those who are special to me are my hyacinths, daffodils and tulips!

No comments:

Post a Comment