Saturday, September 12, 2009

my current read


One of the greatest pleasures in life is the joy of reading. I love everything about books...the content of course, the feel of the book, the cover, the scent, notes on the author, bookstores and libraries. As a young child growing up in Whitby Ont. one of my aunts was a librarian at the Whitby Public Library, I spent many joyous hours in that lbirary surrounded by books!

Currently I am reading Margaret Atwood's The Year of the Flood. I never cease to be amazed by her books. Her wit and imagination fascinate me. This book is dealing with a future gone bad but somehow includes a wonderful sense of humour. It is not a sequel to Oryx and Crake but there is some connection. I loved that book as well. I met Margaret Atwood at a reading in Bayfield a few years ago, she was delightful!



Also you can go the website of the book, events and a link to Margaret's blog at

www.yearoftheflood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment