Tuesday, September 01, 2009

a beginning not an ending


Today is the first day of September...I have a love/hate relationship with this month. For me it has always seemed an ending, an end to what I enjoy most of all...summer...my love of sunshine and warmth, picnics, the beach, reading on the patio or porch, storms, clouds, night noises and on and on. Recently I have tried to turn September into a beginning but it usuallydoesn't quite make it for me. It certainly did in the two Septembers that my children were born...bliss. I will try harder this year. My problem really is the dread of winter so that fall is just a step into that long cold claustrophobic season.

On a brighter note I decided to create a journal page, have a nap in the sun and read on the patio. Now for a glass of wine, dinner and perhaps some star gazing as the darkens into night.

No comments:

Post a Comment