Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Becoming more creative

Finally the creativity urge has returned, thankfully! For some reason I was again stuck. Yes stuck in the routine drudge aspect of life. If you have never been stuck in that place, I am happy for you! If you have been in that sticky place you will know exactly what I mean.

I have been playing with digital collage and what what fun! I am in love with it and have many plans. One of which is  a line of cards. There is a new printer in my house that will print on art papers of all kinds, the inks are archival, lots of cool options. This afternoon I printed a test postcard and voila! It worked. The colours were gorgeous. Now I am hunting for a paper stock supplier etc.

Also I spent a little time today editing a few photos with the freebie Picasa. I liked that as well. I had been using Photoshop Elements but in a very limited way. My brain just can't seem to grasp the whole time consuming layers thing. So I am on a search for a program that will have cool effects with less effort. Simplicity is something I crave!



 This is my youngest granddaughter, Maddie,  a budding photographer. Here she is shooting beautiful Japanese cherry blossoms in April. The pic was taken with my small Nikon Coolpix camera. I did a crop and a holga effect edit in Picasa. Easy and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment