Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Nest


Our son Aaron has been with us for a month and today he has left to continue his path. He will only be about 40 minutes away which will be nice and a big change since he has lived away from us for about 10 years, spending time on both the east and west coasts as well as in Ottawa. Most recently he has lived in Victoria BC while attending U Vic. He has made the decision to transfer to Waterloo.

Yesterday we started helping him move some things into a little "nest" in Kitchener. Today he and his father have left Stratford to deposit him in this new place. My thoughts are mixed. It was fun having Aaron with us, but of course it threw off our routines completely but perhaps that is not a bad thing. In some ways it will be nice to have my space back. I will miss him though. It feels good to have him close. While at this space he has rented I was disturbed by how cold it was. Now it was the coldest day of winter so far, it took me about 8 hours to get the chill out of my bones. I have sent him off with an electric blanket if only to make myself feel better.

Once a mom always a mom...does not matter how old our chidren are...we continue to hold them close.

Good luck to my amazing son!

No comments:

Post a Comment