Thursday, October 15, 2009

What My Mother Wrote


While visiting at my parents home last weekend my mother gave me a letter that she had written to her best friend. She wrote this 3 days after I was born while still in hospital. Her BF Barbara was living in BC at the time and was expecting her first child about a month later.


The letter made me laugh because of my mothers encouraging words to Barbara... I will tell you one thing that it is easy as pie to have a baby, there is nothing to it at all...just relax and bear down hard when you have a pain...you will sail through with flying colours...


Apparently I was born 16 days early...March 16...guess I should have been an April fools baby! I had idea!


Bye the way Barbara went on to give birth to 12 children, my mom stopped after 3!

5 comments:

  1. Either your mother's friend, Barbara, did sail through her delivery and went on to have 11 more, or she had to keep trying for the elusive "easy as pie" birth! (I'm one of nine children and will ask my mother her opinion.) What a lovely keepsake from your mother. -- Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to what you mother has to say after giving birth 9 times! Just wondering where you are in the birth order Susan?
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan
    Well I am the oldest of 3, I cannot imagine being the oldest of 9! It must have been lots of fun. I remember visiting at my moms friend's home and loving it. Kids everywhere and Barbara (the mom) was soooo beautiful. Always made up, heels and earings! She waas very nice, happy and a great sense of humour.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three or nine, it is still oldest, with all that means. My mother put on lipstick to go for groceries as that was her biggest outing in the week. Kids everywhere I recall, vividly. -- Susan

    ReplyDelete