Monday, October 05, 2009

Serendipity


Yesterday I picked up a book that my husband had brought home form the library a few weeks ago.

Poem A Day 366 Poems, old and new, one for each day of the year
Edited by Karen McCosker and Nicholas Albery

At random the very first page I opened was page 340, what I found was Suzanne by Leonard Cohen! Now how strange is that? Leonard is my beloved...poet...musician... an incredible human being. Of all the pages in the book that is the one I opened and it is the only poem in the book that is written by Leonard.

Today I was compelled to open the book again and came across So We'll Go No More A-Roving written by Lord Byron. Well I had no idea that Byron was the author of those words. I only know them from a selection on Leonard's Dear Heather album! I recognized them immediately and was thrilled. To think I had been enjoying Byron all along without even knowing!



2 comments:

  1. Karen: These are lovely coincidences. We heard (& saw) Leonard at the Savoy Theatre last year and Andy said it was the best live music concert he had ever attended. Also wanted to tell you that we ordered a Paulo Nutini CD after listening to a cut through your blog. It arrived yesterday and we love it. Thanks for the suggestion. -- Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan
    I saw Leonard last year at Centre in the Square in Waterloo and this year at the John Labatt Centre in London. Loved both concerts of course! To see him perform brings tears to my eyes!

    Great that you purchased Paolo Nutini! He is a new fave of mine.

    I am looking forward to hearing about the writers festival. I will check your blog in a few minutes.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete