Tuesday, September 04, 2012

September, Sadness and Mystery

There is something about September that always makes me sad. Even now when I no longer have little ones to let go as they head back to school, I still feel a loss. In spite of the fact that this was a very hot summer and there were times I wished for fall, I still feel sad today. Life just changes in September. More routine, coolness that leads to winter.

My life has changed in that I am no longer working outside the home. My husband will be retired within 2 months. Huge life changes! Kind of scary and it just feels way too soon.

On a positive note I will have time! Yes precious time to do what I wish to do. I can remember a number of years ago when I was working 4 days a week in a busy medical office, mothering two kids and all that goes with that, I was thinking one day about what would I like most in my life and it was time! So at that point I did cut my work hours back to give myself some time... to just be me and that was the best thing to do.

So here I am with that precious time.

 Even though I am not a huge fan of TO Do lists I have some musts and for the most part that is ART! Any kind of art. painting, photography, collage, printmaking etc. My love at the moment is digital collage. I just get lost in that. I spent some time yesterday developing an Etsy site, soon to be launched to offer some of my cards for sale. Not sure what will happen with that! Fun to try something new.


This is an image I worked on last night and soon to be offered in a card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment