Monday, November 09, 2009

Self Indulgence












I have just enjoyed a great weekend in the city with my good friend Lori. We visited the Royal Ontario Museum to view The Vanity Fair Portraits 1918 - 2008. Enjoyed very much then the next day the Art Gallery of Ontario to view Edward Steichen: In High Fashion, the Condé Nast Years 1923–1937...this was wonderful! so amazingly beautiful. Definitely worth a visit if you like photography.

What I ate at FRANK in the AGO,

organic poached egg& smoked arctic char on a salad of mixed baby spinach greens & garlic fried croutons dressed with dijon vinaigrette

pear hazelnut ginger cake with honey wine sabayon sauce

fabulous!

Took tons of pics on the street...it was a glorius warm weekend!

Picked up a few things I love...
Japanese Paper
Leonard Cohen Live at the Isle of Wight 1970

watched the DVD this morning...loved it!

I coud go on and on but will post of few pics!

3 comments:

  1. Karen: Did you buy and eat any of those gorgeous macaroons? I'm sure I couldn't resist.-- Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan

    I did buy one and it was heavenly, chocolate and black cherry! Yumm.

    Bye the way St. Mary's library now owns a copy of your book, I am the first reader and am halfway through. I was laughing in the middle of the night in my hotel room in Toronto. All the 70's references are great. Good work!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're laughing! And glad the 70s references are ringing true. Thanks again for getting the book to the St. Mary's library. -- Susan

    ReplyDelete